Oakland Automation specializes in the design, installation and integration of robotic systems. We have talented and experienced employees in critical disciplines working together to develop customized solutions for complex projects. It’s exciting to be part of such innovation! We are currently seeking another Controls Engineer to join our growing team!
- Design and develop control panels and manufacturing equipment.
- Design electrical and control wiring schematics.
- Design control logic and systems.
- PLC programming with a strong knowledge of ladder logic.
- HMI design and programming.
- Establish and support updates of controls standards.
- Perform debug and buyoff of controls functions and systems.
- Ability to write code from scratch.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Four or more years of relevant experience required (including, but not limited to, material handling, automation, machine design, complex data collection, etc.).
- PLC programming and development (Allen Bradley and Siemens) experience.
- Schematic and hardware design.
- Additional experience in the following areas preferred: Toyopuc, RS Logix 5, RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5000, RS View, PanelBuilder, Robotics Fanuc, AutoCAD, Ethernet IP, EPLAN.
- Working knowledge: sufficient familiarity with the subject to know basic principles and terminology and to understand and solve simple problems.
- Thorough knowledge: advanced knowledge of the subject matter. The work calls for sufficient comprehension of the subject area to solve unusual as well as common work problems, to be able to advise on technical matters, and to serve as a resource on the subject for others in the organization.
- Prolonged time spent at a desk working at a computer.
- Some travel as needed, up to 25%.
Job Type: Full-time