Company: Oakland Automation
Job Type: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director
Expected Travel: Up to 75%
The Field Supervisor supervises, schedules, and coordinates the work of field employees while on job sites. The Field Supervisor works side-by-side with the Project Manager and the field staff to complete the job efficiently and effectively.
- Travel to job site for the installation of the product
- Document accurate hours, site conditions, and work performed and report to Production Supervisor in accordance with Oakland Automation SOPs
- Effectively communicate with the customer on-site and back to the home office. Document customer communication within SOP documents
- Install and ensure workmanship and supplied equipment meets specifications and quality standards
- Troubleshoot on-site for problems and suggest improvements for systems
- Perform testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
- Discuss errors in diagrams or production order with customers or engineers to clarify assembly problems.
- Keep track of part orders and installations to maintain a proper schedule
- Provide professional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Use components in an accurate manner
- Consistently demonstrate effective on-site organization
- Guides, assigns, schedules (if needed), and supervises the work of construction staff, contractors, suppliers, and extraction workers; ensures work is completed on schedule.
- Oversee a team of installers to ensure productivity and safety
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred
- At least ten years of related experience required
- Willing to travel up to 75%
- Automation experience preferred.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools used in projects.
- Ability to read blueprints and other reports outlining specifications
- General knowledge: sufficient knowledge of a field to perform most work in normal situations. The work calls for comprehension of standard situations and includes knowledge of most of the significant aspects of the subject.
- Ability to work in a wide variety of work environments such as office spaces and production floors.
- Must be able to bend, climb, stretch, reach, and lean.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Indicate if required to work weekends, nights, or be on-call as a regular part of the job.
Job Type: Full-time