Mechanical Assembly Technician
Company: Oakland Automation
Job Type: Hourly, $17-$20/hour based on experience.
Reports To: Production Manager
Expected Travel: None
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Connects electrical wiring, cables, and piping systems as specified.
- Squares, aligns, and assembles bases, equipment, and structural components on floor or floor plate.
- Drills and taps holes in specified locations.
- Attaches breakers, relays, contactors, bus bars, transformers, insulators, regulator cabinets, condenser units, motor and generator sets, meters, plugging devices, and fuse blocks to mounting holes with bolts and screws.
- Cuts, strips, bends, and forms wire cables, conduits, pipes, and tubing used to connect circuits and sub-assemblies.
- Discusses errors in diagrams or production order with supervisor or engineer to clarify assembly problems.
- Load and unload trucks with forklift when needed.
- Performs a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical assembly operations.
- Determines and follows methods and sequence of operations in function such as performing wiring, component installation, and kit assembly.
- Makes set-ups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience preferred.
- General knowledge of hand tools and reading blueprints/wire diagrams required.
- Must be able to operate a Hi-Lo.
- Working knowledge: sufficient familiarity with the subject to know basic principles and terminology and to understand and solve simple problems.
- General knowledge: sufficient knowledge of mechanical assembly to perform most work in normal situations. The work calls for comprehension of standard situations and includes knowledge of most of the significant aspects of the subject.
- Must be able to work on the production floor
- Exposure includes hazardous materials and loud noise
- Prolonged periods of standing and performing repetitive tasks
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Must have manual dexterity and excellent hand-eye coordination
- Occasional weekend shifts required as needed