Company: Oakland Automation
Job Type: Salary, Exempt
Reports To: Manager, Projects
Expected Travel: Up to 20%
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects, keeping the projects on time, within budget, and within scope. The Project Manager oversees all aspects of the project and adheres to the Stage Gate process. They set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitors the progress of projects.
- Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Oversees operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Proactively communicates with internal departments to facilitate effective processes.
- Reports and escalates project concerns to the proper departments as needed.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively applies and adapts methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Performs risk management to minimize risks within a given project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Maintains healthy communication channels between departments as well as with external contacts and clients.
- Manages project budgets.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field
- Minimum of five years of relevant, direct project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communication skills required (written and verbal)
- Time management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Construction and/or Manufacturing-related project management experience
- Essential physical requirements: sitting, typing
- Physical effort/lifting: sedentary – up to 10 pounds