Oakland Automation specializes in the design, installation and integration of robotic systems. We have talented and experienced employees in critical disciplines working together to develop customized solutions for complex projects. It’s exciting to be part of such innovation!
Every great project start with consultatively getting customer needs right the first time. Do you want to be a part of that team? The Proposal Engineer at Oakland Automation is responsibly for accurately estimating the cost, time, materials, labor, and equipment required for all Oakland Automation projects. The Proposal Engineer performs cost analyses, determines the duration of projects, procures vendors and subcontractors, and ensures that resources are managed and deadlines are met.
- Determines the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labor for Oakland Automation projects.
- Participate in job-bid meetings, often on a job site, to gather information and develop proposals.
- Prepares estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Manges pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Prepares estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensures that relevant documents and budgets are properly submitted and filed.
- Regularly reports to management and keeping clients updated on the status of their proposals.
- Keeps track of the latest estimating technology and industry-relevant techniques.
- Collaborates with other departments, conducts site visits, and provides other services when required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields preferred.
- Previous estimating experience required. Robotic estimating experience preferred.
- Customer and vendor management
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills required.
- System conceptualization.
- EPICOR and AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Thorough knowledge: advanced knowledge of the subject matter. The work calls for sufficient comprehension of the subject area to solve unusual as well as common work problems, to be able to advise on technical matters, and to serve as a resource on the subject for others in the organization.
- Prolonged time spent sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
Job Type: Full-time