The Material Handler(s) are responsible for verifying and keeping records on all incoming and outgoing shipments. They work alongside purchasing and the production team to prepare items for shipping and maintain a healthy flow in shipping.
- Keep track and maintain standard inventory quantity of all stock items.
- Generate purchase requisition forms to maintain stock to efficiently ship jobs and sales orders requiring standard stock.
- Maintain stock levels of itemized list provided by EUR.
- Verify all incoming orders with spreadsheets/purchase orders/RMA’s.
- Unpack all arriving shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages.
- Routes incoming shipments to the correct department/people.
- Examines shipments to ensure proper paperwork is attached with shipment, including customs, bill of lading, and packing slips.
- Keep and file records of all incoming/outgoing parts on spreadsheet, ensuring that all orders are shipped to and received at the correct job site.
- Use UPS/FedEx/DHL as needed by packaging and shipping orders to each carrier’s specification.
- Ensure that all packages are sent out in a timely manner.
- Keep track of returned and outgoing RMA’s.
- Order necessary supplies such as materials handling, shop consumables, inventory control, etc.
- Compile records of unfilled orders.
- Compare identifying information such as counts, weights, and measures of items incoming and outgoing.
- Keep track and maintain inventory/stock room for efficiency as well as appearance.
- Check orders pulled by others to verify all required parts are included Sign shipping documentation to indicate verification.
- In the event that items are incorrect, fill out the proper forms and submit to purchasing manager.
- Build creates for components to prepare for shipping.
- Tag and stage components or crates for shipping, fabrication, or assembly.
- Pick up or deliver parts to and from vendors when required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of shipping and receiving experience required.
- Forklift permit and experience preferred.
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills required.
- Basic understanding of railway, dock, and warehouse procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and inventory software.
- Experience with Epicor preferred.
- Must be able to work on the production floor
- Exposure includes hazardous materials and loud noise
- Prolonged periods of standing and performing repetitive tasks
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Must have manual dexterity and excellent hand-eye coordination
Job Type: Full-time